Digestive testing provides important information about the state of your digestive health and is a sensible place to check when your health is struggling or if you are suffering from digestive symptoms
After qualifying over 12 years ago and lecturing in digestive health and digestive testing Emma Wells consultant to Smart Nutrition Ltd has researched the top accredited UK laboratories and digestive tests to offer you a broad range of accurate and scientific digestive health tests.
A stool test can assess
- Whether food breaks down into usable substances
- Whether you absorb certain nutrients
- Whether you properly eliminate waste.
- Levels of good and bad bacteria (gut flora)
- Levels of yeasts such as candida
- Levels of digestive enzymes and stomach acid
- Check for presence of parasites
- Check the immune system within your gut
- Check for the difference between Inflammatory bowel disease or Irritable bowel syndrome.
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions digestive testing may be right for you.
√ Do you have Irritable bowel syndrome?
√ Do you frequently experience indigestion?
√ Do you suffer from constipation?
√ Do you often have unexplained diarrhea?
√ Do you experience gas and bloating?
√ Do you ever have abdominal pain?
√ Have you been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease?
√ Do you have Ulcerative Colitis?
√ Do you have food allergies or sensitivities
√ Do you suffer from fatigue?
√ Do you consistently lack energy?
√ Do you have Fibromyalgia?
√ Do you have Rheumatoid arthritis?
√ Do you have an auto immune condition?|
√ Do you have poor skin or suffer from chronic skin conditions such as psoriosis or eczema?
√ Have you used antibiotics on occasion?