All ABOUT SIBO
SIBO is fast being recognised as a leading cause of IBS and Digestive symptoms. Our simple home SIBO breath test can confirm if this is adding to your bloating, loose stools, constipation, burping and indigestion. For more information about SIBO please click here
What is being measured?
This test measures levels of hydrogen and methane in the breath after ingestion of lactulose. I can also offer the glucose breath test if you prefer -just email us alongside your order and let us know. Breath samples are collected 10 times over 3 hours and the test is done at home.
With Emma’s expertise on SIBO, it was a quick diagnosis confirmed with hydrogen breath testing – something that you may find rare within the NHS. This was affordable and easily completed and I received my results within 10 days.
12 breath samples collected over 3 hours.
Before Taking the Test
- Full instructions are sent with the kit but as a guideline, you need to follow a low fermentable prep diet for 1 or if constipated 2 days before the test and then fast overnight when water is allowed..
- No smoking, including second-hand smoke, for at least 1 hour before or at any time during the test.
- No sleeping or vigorous exercise for at least 1 hour before or at any time during the test.
- Recent antibiotic therapy, runny diarrhoea or colonoscopies may affect these breath tests.
- Do not take probiotics the day before the test, while on the preparation diet, and on the day of the test.
Collecting your sample
Our sister site Smartsibotest.com has a video (scroll to the bottom of the page) showing you how to collect your breath samples. Please do take the time to have a look.
Tracking your symptoms whilst doing the SIBO Breath test
It can be helpful for practitioners if you track your symptoms whilst doing the SIBO Breath test. Please feel free to use our symptom tracking document below.
Age range this test is suitable for
Turnaround time 7-10 Working days
Returning your sample
You will be responsible for paying to send the samples back. You can either use royal mail or you can arrange a courier service. Samples can be sent Monday – Wednesday only to arrive at the lab the following day.
European customers will receive their test kits via courier delivery. A return courier collection of the samples is included in the shipping fee of £30. Samples can be sent Monday – Wednesday only to arrive at the lab the following day.
Non European customers please email email@example.com to make an enquiry.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DOWNLOAD THIS SYMPTOM TRACKING DOCUMENT THAT CAN BE USED ALONGSIDE YOUR TEST – IN SOME CASES IT CAN HELP TO SHED LIGHT ON YOUR RESULTS AND HELP INTERPRETATION
All sample reports are for representational and educational purposes only. Biomarkers, references ranges, results, and all other data may differ from actual reports. All data included in no way represents an actual patient. Any comparisons of results to actual patients, is completely incidental.