One Day Progesterone / Oestradiol is a simple salivary test that examines one specimen for levels of oestradiol and progesterone for women who are menopausal. Results can be used to identify imbalances contributing to menopause symptoms and various systemic disorders, and to determine the need or to control hormone replacement therapy including ‘natural’ cream based formulas.
One Day Progesterone / Oestradiol is ideal for:
• The prevention and treatment of menopause-related symptoms and conditions
• Prescribing and monitoring Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
• Monitoring hormone levels in women on the contraceptive pill.
What is being measured
Oestradiol (a form of oestrogen)
Oestrdiol progesterone ratio
Age range this test is suitable for
1 simple (2ml) saliva sample
You will need to send your sample back to the lab via a next day postal service – If you are in the UK, Royal mail offer a suitable next day service. If you are outside of the UK then please check with your postal service for options. The cost of the test does not cover the return postage.
Please note that samples should only be posted on Monday – Thursday so that they do not arrive over the weekend when the lab is closed.
A courier returns option is offered by the lab and details will be included in with your test kit. This is an optional service and the cost is not included in with the test fee. Details about payment, should you wish to take up this offer, are included with the courier details.
Before Taking this Test
• Inform practitioner about all medication, oral contraceptive, and hormone supplement use
• Do not eat, brush or floss teeth, use mouthwash, or chew gum (1 hour before)
•Wash hands before collection
• See instructions inside test kit for details
All sample reports are for representational and educational purposes only. Biomarkers, references ranges, results, and all other data may differ from actual reports. All data included in no way represents an actual patient. Any comparisons of results to actual patients, is completely incidental.