The CardioGenomicPlus® Profile uses genetic testing to evaluate variations in genes, called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs – pronounced ‘snips’), that modulate blood pressure regulation, lipid balance, nutrient metabolism, inflammation, and oxidative stress.
The panel can indicate potential genetic susceptibility to:
- Myocardial infarction
- Endothelial dysfunction
What is being measured
- AGTR1 (angiotensin II receptor–1) – Hypertension
- APOE (Apolipoprotein E) – Cholesterol Regulation and Atherosclerosis
- CETP (cholesteryl ester transfer protein) – Cholesterol Regulation and Atherosclerosis
- Factor 2 (prothrombin) – Coagulation
- Factor 5 (Leiden) – Coagulation
- GNB3 (guanine nucleotide-binding protein) – Hypertension
- GP3a (Glycoprotein 3) – Coagulation
- MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) – Methylation
- PAI-1 (Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1) – Coagulation
- SELE (selectin E) – Cholesterol Regulation and Atherosclerosis
Age range this test is suitable for
Adults and children of any age.
You will need to send your sample back to the lab via a next day postal service – If you are in the UK, Royal mail offer a suitable next day service. If you are outside of the UK then please check with your postal service for options. The cost of the test does not cover the return postage.
Please note that samples should only be posted on Monday – Thursday so that they do not arrive over the weekend when the lab is closed.
A courier returns option is offered by the lab and details will be included in with your test kit. This is an optional service and the cost is not included in with the test fee. Details about payment, should you wish to take up this offer, are included with the courier details.
Before taking this test
The buccal swab is designed to collect some loose cells in your mouth. Brush your teeth the night before the test. Do not eat any food after you have brushed your teeth. Upon awakening for the day of collection, do not brush your teeth, eat or drink anything prior to the sample collection.
See instructions inside test kit for details
Turn Around Time
All sample reports are for representational and educational purposes only. Biomarkers, references ranges, results, and all other data may differ from actual reports. All data included in no way represents an actual patient. Any comparisons of results to actual patients, is completely incidental.